Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Violent Chapter - melodic modern metal

I met this band in 2006?!?! when they asked me to do their album. Modern melodic metal / metal-core with a great vocalist. For this record we used Peavey XXX, Epiphone Studio Les Paul with EMGs, and I don't really remember how we did the bass anymore. The vocal tracking was the most fun ever, since Marko the vocalist is a great guy and an excellent singer. We thought that it would be great to relax before the sessions so we started drinking beer. Yeah I know alcohol is bad for the vocal-chords, and I know he should warm up. But we thought this should be done just like gigs are done so we hit it. This guy blew me away, he was laying the tracks down real-time with no cuts. Later we tracked what needed to be doubled an that's it. In general, this wasn't an easy task for me as I haven't done any bands like this before but I gave my best. Later I even remastered the album on my own and the band liked it and re-released the CD.

You can check em out here:
www.myspace.com/violentchapter

Get the remastered version of their album "Traces" legally for free here:
www.mediafire.com/?yxzctmjdwjz

0 comments:

Post a Comment