Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Ashen Epitaph - death metal madness

Ashen Epitaph is a old-school death metal band made out of good friends who like booze and gigs. I had the pleasure of working with them in 2005 I think that's when we did their first demo "From Underground" in my bedroom. The recording process was pretty standard and it didn't take much time at all. My monitoring was pretty weak at that time so I had to mess around a lot with the guitars. The vocals were recorded both English and Hungarian. After a few years in 2008 they wanted to do another demo so they approached us. By that time had better hardware so my brother tracked the drums in our studio. Drums were recorded using Allen & Heath GL2 on M-Audio Delta 1010LT. The boys recorded the DI guitars at home and I reamped those. We recorded the vocals in my bedroom since the boys wanted a dirty roomy feeling and we could drink beer and smoke in there and my philosophy is: "If you can, you gotta have fun". For the vocals I used a Behringer Tube Ultragain MIC100 Preamp and a MXL 2001 condenser microphone.

You can follow these crazy dudes and listen to their tunes here:
www.myspace.com/ashenepitaph

Here's some clips of Ashen Epitaph, both new and old.



0 comments:

Post a Comment