Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Green Division - working gothic

This work was done in early 2004. I did the demo, pre-production and drums on the record for this band. Green Division was formed by Bob Macura of Nevergreen after they decided to make a break from doing what they did so far. Since my old friend (and soon to become band member) Orko (Endre Szabo) was the drummer in Nevergreen he introduced me to Bob. I can imagine how scared this guy was when he first met me. We were supposed to meet in Mojo Club and head to my house where I could convince the man he needs me for his album. Instead of doing this the easy way, when they arrived to the club I was already drunk and could barely stand. We headed to my house and I showed them what can I do and they decided to work with me. This project was still an amateur work for me so although I took it seriously I felt I could fool around since I`m not getting payed. Durring the recording of this material we got to know each other better and we are collaborating ever since.

The stuff I used here was Terratec EWS88 and Digitech Genesys 3 which was killer for guitars back then. Bass was tracked on Johnson J-Station and the drums were made using the samples my brother made recording Orko and his Amati drum set. Interesting combinations I must say. After the pre-work the guitars, bass and vocals were re-recorded in Creaton Studio in Subotica. The most important thing is that this album was published for Hammer Records in Budapest. All is good if it ends good.

Unfortunately I can't provide any links since the bands contract with the record company isn't extended so Hammer stoped taking care of the hosting of their web-site but I can provide 2 videos done back in 2004.



0 comments:

Post a Comment