Wednesday, September 22, 2010

False Reality - my first hard-core record

My first work was for False Reality, a local hard-core band I recorded in my bedroom. That was my first full lenght album recording and that was the time I first met with these Hard-Core guys. You can say I was standing out by just looking at the picture. Guess who's the long haired sissy with those killers? A lot of alcohol and smokes was spent durring those sessions. Since we couldn't record drums cos nobody had a mixer we decided to do them in Kontakt. I found some samples my brother recorded in my bedroom and loaded em into Cubase on my AMD Thunderbird 1.2GHz on 256MB of RAM. Wow, that was a beast back then. I remember paying it for 2 years and by the time I was done it couldn't sell it. I still own that machine btw. The sound card was Terratec EWS88, yeah 8 in 8 out but we losers had no mixer. For guitars and bass we used a my then brand new Johnson J-Station and the album was made. I remember hearing my J-Station for the first time. I was blown away. It was a hardware worth gold back then, we even used it on gigs.  I used to run it through a Fliptop 50 watt Ampeg. Everything was monitored through my Sony Hi-Fi. It's ridiculous thinking about what I used just 6 years ago. After the album was done we figured this needs a bonus track. This track was done in total old-school rap style. I sampled the Night train track of Public Enemy from my newly bought Appocalipse 91 - Enemy Strikes Black remastered CD and mixed the hell out of it while Tevda (the singer) was layin' some lyrics down. It was all done in a few minutes but the track turned out to be a hit. This bonus track has a video so you can check it out below.

Check them out at:
www.myspace.com/falserealitysentahc

You can legally download the album here:
rapidshare.com/files/229912229/False_Reality-Senta_VS._NYC_by_nicpa.rar



0 comments:

Post a Comment